Call for Posters
Posters are a great way to present your ideas, work or research and share them with other practitioners in the field. We invite abstracts for posters which relate to any of the following themes of the conference. Each sub theme has a set of questions. Your posters should address one or more of the questions below.
Theme: Counselling In India: Identity and Transformation
- The Profession
- Where do we position the profession in relation to other mental health professions in India?
- What are some ethical guidelines to follow in this profession?
- What could be the cultural, social and political influences to be considered?
- How has the field transformed/ evolved over time? What are our future hopes?
- The Counsellor
- Who is a professional counsellor and how does a counsellor influence the counselling space?
- What are some of the commonly used interventions?
- What are some of the newer approaches?
- What constitutes appropriate and effective work?
- How is the counsellor impacted by the work?
- The Client
- Who is the client?
- What does client look for from counselling?
- How does a client view the counsellor?
- What are some of our learnings from clients?
Guidelines for submission of proposals
- Proposals to be sent online to email@example.com
- An Abstract, relevant to the theme/s of the Conference, is to be submitted as a word document (maximum 250 words).
- The last date for submission is Monday 29 June 2015.
- There will be a Committee to review all abstracts for the Poster Presentation, who will communicate acceptance on or before July 15, 2015
- A proposal can be made jointly by more than one author. Names of authors must be stated clearly starting with name of the first author.
- Presenter/s will have to register for the conference. (Sorry, no discounts can be offered for poster presenters)
Check List for submission of Proposal:
- Full name of author/s
- Contact Details
- Designation, Educational qualification, Specialised training, Institutional affiliation if any (Department optional)
- 2 Key words
- Title of abstract
- Abstract 200-250 words
- Name, affiliation, educational qualification/training of co- authors