Parivarthan offers the following services with regard to the Sexual Harassment
of Women at the Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013:
- Be the NGO member on the Internal Complaints Committee for the Prevention of
Sexual Harassment at the Workplace
- Assist in formulating the Policy of the Company under the above Law and/or
provide feedback on the existing Policy, if available
- Conduct appropriate training workshops for the Committee Members /Managers
as may be required
- Be available for the meetings that are to be held as per the legal
- Be a part of the investigation process, in case of any complaint that would
come before the Committee.
The Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and
Redressal) Act, 2013
The main objective of the Act is to prevent and protect against sexual
harassment of women at the workplace and to provide redressal of
complaints pertaining to sexual harassment at the workplace.
It recognizes the right of a woman to work in dignity in any place of work,
business, trade or occupation.
The Act covers circumstances of implied or explicit promise or threat to a
woman’s employment prospects or creation of hostile work environment or
humiliating treatment, which can affect her health or safety.
Under the Act, every employer of a workplace, will be required to in writing,
constitute an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC).
The Internal Complaints Committee will consist of:
- A Presiding Officer who will be a senior woman employee in the
- Not less than 2 members from amongst the employees, who are preferably
committed to the cause of women or who have experience in social work/legal
- One external member from an NGO or association committed to the cause of
women or familiar with issues relating to sexual harassment.