In collaboration with other NGOs, our Outreach Programmes extend our counselling services to various populations such as runaway street children, battered and abused women, children with disabilities and with visually challenged adults.
We are also involved in capacity building programmes for the staff of many NGOs by providing training programmes in Life Skills and through our Care for the Care Provider Programmes.
We are currently providing our Outreach Services at:
- PRIMUS SCHOOL – Onsite counselling services are provided once a week
- NATIONAL CENTRE FOR BIOLOGICAL STUDIES (NCBS) – Onsite counselling services are provided by 2 counsellors thrice a week
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF FASHION TECHNOLOGY (NIFT) - Onsite counselling services are provided once a week
- NATIONAL LAW SCHOOL OF INDIA UNIVERSITY (NLSIU) - Onsite counselling services are provided twice a week
- Valli Rammohan,ASHRAYA (Children’s Home)
“ Ashraya has used Parivarthan for counselling for many of our Projects like the Children’s Home and the Government Boys Observation Home.
The Government Observation Home is a place that houses young boys in conflict with the law. It was incredibly difficult finding Kannada-speaking counsellors who were willing to commit themselves to a long-term project. Without Parivarthan’s help, we could never have exposed the boys to the benefits of long term counselling. Read more...
- Lynne Fernandez, Managing Trustee, NRITYAGRAM, The Dance Village
“ One of Parivarthan’s first Outreach services was offered at Nrityagram in 1995/96. a counsellor would be available at our Dance Village, once a week, to help the young dancers, many of whom had left home for the first time, to help them cope with the transition of being away from their families and living in a community.
Parivarthan has grown since those days of yore, with many, many more people accessing their services in counselling and training, as they have continued to keep “quality” as their watchword in all their endeavours.” Read more...